In search of a new, powerful yet gentle anti-aging facial cleanser to provide a deep clean to your skin while restoring your natural radiance? A little bit of familiarity with powerhouse ingredients goes a long way, and with wellness products, it’s all about the ingredients. Check labels and product listings for the following
● Vitamin C – Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps to neutralize free radicals which can cause what is known as “oxidative stress” to the skin. Signs of oxidative stress in skin include the breakdown of collagen, the formation of wrinkles, or a change in overall appearance and complexion. Vitamin C can also directly stimulate the production of collagen, which helps prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles and keeps skin looking and feeling firm, full, and young.
● Aloe vera – You may know Aloe vera as a soothing treatment for sunburned skin, but it’s far more valuable as a skincare treatment than you might expect. Aloe is a natural moisturizer that’s packed with nutrients that can promote healing. Full of vitamins, especially E and B12, Aloe vera can reduce inflammation and encourage healing and even discourage the formation of scars. Since it also helps promote collagen production, it can help restore flexibility and resilience to the skin.
● Tea tree extracts – Tea tree extracts, which come from the Melaleuca Alternifolia tree which is native to Australia, also provide a wealth of benefits in an anti-aging facial cleanser. It’s widely touted for its ability to soothe irritation and redness that occurs in both oily and dry skin, and it’s also a well known antibacterial and antifungal agent. It may even be able to reduce the effects of conditions, such as acne, or to facilitate healing.
● MSM, AKA Dimethyl Sulfone – Don’t let the odd, synthetic-sounding name throw you off. Methyl-sulfonyl-methane, better (and more frequently known) as MSM, is a natural source of sulfur, which carries plenty of its own benefits in the realm of skincare.
MSM is a natural antibacterial agent that can help to clean your pores, absorbing excess sebum without harshly drying your skin out. It can help to balance your skin’s natural production of sebum, prevent complications associated with dry skin even as it alleviates the effects of conditions such as acne. It may also prove effective at mitigating the symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and other common skin conditions. When MSM is used along with vitamin C it’s been shown to strengthen keratin as well.
● Oregano extracts – Oregano is not just a superstar in cuisine, it offers a number of benefits when included as a skincare ingredient as well. It’s a powerful purifying agent with well-attested antibacterial, antifungal, and even antiviral properties. Oregano extracts also contain carvacrol, which can stimulate the production of collagen, making your skin appear younger, firmer, and fuller.
How about what not to look for?
While plenty of resources are available with the intent of encouraging you to look for ingredients such as those listed at the beginning of this article, how about those that you should avoid? The following three are only a handful of potentially harmful chemical additives sometimes found in skincare products.
● Parabens – Parabens are often used in the production of synthetic fragrances, whereby they find their way into skincare products. However, you should avoid these where you can, as they are endocrine-disrupting compounds.
● Alcohol – Yes, alcohol is antibacterial and antifungal, and can be considered a purifying agent, but it is also a very harsh astringent that can dry out and irritate your skin.
● Sulfates – Sulfates are added into soap and skin care products as surfactants that help lift away dirt, but they can strip away your skin’s natural oils and irritate your eyes and hair, as well as your skin.
Ready to learn more about what goes into the formulation of a powerful yet soothing anti-aging facial cleanser? Visit TruSkin at TruSkin.com and you’ll see several shining examples of skincare products, including facial cleansers, that are formulated with effective, natural ingredients that firm and restore.
They use plant-powered formulations that protect and heal, and, as they say, if they wouldn’t use it themselves, it’s not good enough for their customers. Visit their website at the address listed above or get in touch with them at [email protected]