Die-hard climbers can be gear junkies, and it’s not too hard to understand why. There are plenty of extreme sports, but few in which the dangers of failure, with just one slip, are so pointed.
So when it comes to technical gear, climbing ropes, belaying equipment, and climbing shoes, climbers can be very brand loyal, if not downright fanatic.
One brand that produces top-notch climbing gear, specifically shoes, is La Sportiva – and La Sportiva climbing shoes are engineered to deliver.
This is no accident. La Sportiva is a small company with a factory located in Ziano di Fiemme, nestled amongst the mighty and imposing Italian Dolomites.
To say climbing is in their blood would be an understatement.
So it’s no wonder La Sportiva climbing shoes offer advanced traits, features and technology like…
● Quick pull lacing harnesses that provide precise fit and regulation, wrapping the foot snugly without producing discomfort or hot spots. Some La Sportiva climbing shoes also feature extremely flexible hook-and-loop closures that allow for remarkably precise fitting, necessary for climbing shoes.
● Lined tongues that help absorb and wick away moisture, keeping your feet dry and comfortable, even in the heat of a climb. Some feature mesh tongues/construction as well.
● A unique, proprietary rubber sole compound known as FriXion, an ultra-sticky, grippy compound that offers the perfect balance of tactility, hardness, wear resistance, and shock-absorption that will keep you glued to the most inhospitably small holds.
● Aggressively pointed toes and heel rands that give you unprecedented traction on tiny crags, nooks and shelves.
● Roomier toe boxes that deliver an impossible balance of a snug fit and a comfortable one, so you can climb harder for longer with less discomfort and fatigue.
● Protective toe patches and designs with increased sensitivity that are crucial for indoor bouldering. Climbing shoes are tight and poorly designed ones can deaden sensations, which is a big flaw when you need a dextrous grip through your toes and heel.
● Increased overall durability to protect your investment in hardworking, long-lasting shoes.
● Updated designs that improve dynamic flexion throughout the shoe, which do not compromise durability, grip, or support, even when pursuing extremely aggressive, unforgiving routes.
● Select models feature a LasoFlex Midsole that offers the ideal balance of flexibility, support and wear resistance.
On top of that, La Sportiva climbing shoes are known for their innovative designs that offer all-day comfort even under grueling conditions, without ever compromising on performance: grip, stability, flexibility, and durability.
Moreover, many models of La Sportiva climbing shoes are made with select “eco components” (such as the laces, webbing, and leather) that are chosen for their reduced environmental impact.
Consider them the consummate rock climbing shoes.
Where Can I Pick Up a Pair of La Sportiva Climbing Shoes?
You can’t go wrong with a new pair of La Sportivas, and there are many models to choose from, including the Tarantulace, Finale, Katana, and Kubo, among others.
Visit Campman.com. They offer competitive prices, and lots of other climbing gear, and if you’re already a La Sportiva fan, you can pick up their running, mountaineering, and hiking boots and shoes in the same place.